Cash Store has provided emergency cash loans to help customers finance unexpected expenses.
Cash Store has been extending loans to borrowers since 1996 and claims to approve a majority of its applicants. You can apply online, but must pick up your cash at a store location.
Cash Store offers residents of Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin the following three loan options:
- Installment loans. Cash Store offers installment loans for borrowers looking to pay back their loans over time and take out larger amounts. Most states allow you to borrow up to $3,000, while New Mexico has a higher cap of $5,000.
- Cash advance loans. These loans have shorter repayment terms. Cash Store only extends these loans to residents of Illinois with a $865 cap, and Michigan with a $600 cap.
- Title loans. If you have a lien-free title on your car or truck, you may be able to drive away with a loan by using the title as collateral. In most states you can borrow up to $20,000 based on the value of your vehicle, while Wisconsin has a higher maximum of $25,000.
What are the benefits of a Cash Store loan?
- Over 300 stores. Although you can start the application online, you’ll need to visit a store to complete it. But with more than 300 stores across 7 states, it’s easy to find one near where you live.
- Quick turnaround time. You won’t have to wait for your money to be deposited into your checking account. Instead, you can walk away with cash or a check in hand the same day.
- Special offers available. Cash Store has a referral program and a first-time borrower discount. You can earn $100 by referring a friend for a loan. If it’s your first time applying, you can get a 50% rebate on the interest portion of your first regularly scheduled payment by presenting a valid coupon during your visit.
- Informative FAQs. Unlike many of its competitors, Cash Store has a comprehensive section on its website that addresses many of the questions about borrowing a short-term loan.
What to watch out for
- Loans not available in every state. Unless you live in Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, Texas, Utah or Wisconsin, you won’t be able to get a loan from Cash Store.
- Must pick up cash in-store. You can begin the application online, but to receive your funds you’ll have to visit a Cash Store location.
- Age 18 years or older
- Have a fair credit rating
- Have regular income
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Have a valid bank account
- Bank account
- Credit or Debit card